Based in Zagreb, Croatia
10 May, 2012
Forget-Me-Not is a tiny little arcade game for one or two players. Mazes + monsters + shooting. You have to run around the infinite, ever changing corridors of the NEON DUNJUN, gathering flowers and shooting everything. ZAP! Grab the key to the next floor, and try not to let monsters take it off you. Once you've picked all the flowers, the doorway shall appear...An important skill you should learn: Grinding the walls. Grind for a bit to charge yourself up for super enemy squishing powers and boosted speed. Don't let your charge build too high though or... '`*# KABOOM! #*'` Collect the longest unbroken chains of flowers you can for lots of combo points. Also collect fruit. Heaps and heaps of it. You'll get an extra life for each 100 pieces you grab. It's good for you.
- The Magical Lovechild of PAC-MAN and Rogue.
- Procedurally generated, screen-wrapping, destructible mazes.
- Tiny little pixelly graphics and zappy retro sound effects.
- Three game modes : casual, hardcore, survival.
- Ported the game from C++ to ActionScript 3.
- The syntax was converted by using regular expressions.
- Various optimizations including optimization of sound effects pitching, bitmap manipulations, and assets compression.
- Redesigned the game difficulty to be more suitable for Flash audience.
- Designed and programmed different gameplay modes.
- Designed and programmed gameplay tutorial.
Forget-Me-Not Gameplay YouTube
- "iOS Game Review: Forget-Me-Not"
- TechCrunch, TechCrunch Review
Play It On Newgrounds
Have fun ! newgrounds.com.