Based in Zagreb, Croatia
Serious Sam: Tormental is a a 3D rogue-lite top-down shooter set in Serious Sam universe.
Deep into an abandoned temple of Egypt lies a cursed artifact, an ancient device capable of the unthinkable; Could this be the key to enter the mind of the god of destruction: Mental?
This may be your only chance to delve deep into the twisted world of its mind, where [Sam]'s quest will lead him against reckless hordes of monsters product of Mental's wicked imagination. Blast your way through the most hideous corners of its mind, and prepare for a brain-melting showdown!
- Fight against the wicked imaginations inside the mind of Mental, destructive god and Serious Sam's arch enemy, in an attempt to stop him once and for all.
- Rich with content and replayability: procedurally generated dungeons, characters with unique abilities, randomized pools of powerful upgrades, tons of fun Serious Weapons ™..
- The Vault ™: The final area contains many secrets and links to Mental’s identity, giving you more goals than just “defeat the final boss”. You will need to beat many challenges in order to stop Mental once and for all.
- Mindmap: discover hidden ideas inside of Mental's mind - what enemies, weapons, and items is he imagining to use in the real world? Acquire those ideas, and use them by yourself. Can you discover all of them?
- Every run, gather and combine random gun parts to construct unique powerful weapons.
- Quests: beat various challenges to unlock new worlds, characters, Serious Weapons ™ and upgrades. Over time, you will discover new places hidden inside of Mental's mind.
- 120+ Powers to mix and match, 60+ Serious weapons to shoot with, 30 weapon perks, 50+ quests to conquer, 90+ monster types to beat.
- Play together in local Co-op mode. Face stronger bosses, compete for (or share!) XP and revive each other with ankh pickups!
- Tight mechanics and controls. Gamepad friendly. Precise visual collision similar to 2D games.
- I directed, designed, and developed "Serious Sam: Tormental" in collaboration with "Croteam" who provided "Serious Sam" IP, financial, and marketing support. Engine Unity3D, C#.
Serious Sam: Tormental YouTube
Enemy Editor YouTube
Nintendo Switch YouTube
Serious Sam: Tormental - Powers YouTube
John Dick's Announcement YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "ID Xbox GDC Choice 2018" Serious Sam: Tormental
- "Nominee Reboot Develop 2018 Outstanding Gameplay" Serious Sam: Tormental
- "Nominee Reboot Develop 2018 Game Of The Year" Serious Sam: Tormental
- "SGC Indie Choice Award 2017" Serious Sam: Tormental
- "Nominee Reboot Infogamer Best Gameplay 2017" Serious Sam: Tormental
- "It’s a blast. I die in it. A lot. But just enough to where I feel challenged to push myself forward. I love that they are bringing back the old school hippie blood mode settings as an option, too. That kind of silliness was one of the things that always made me smile about the old school Sam games."
- John Dick, Interview Here
- "I'm a 52 year old guy and been playing games since Atari 2600 back in 1977 and this game is awesome. I love most games but its very rare that i get addictive to one like this one. It's funny, entertaining, brutal, just everything in one. The only time i can really buy games is when there on special and im sure glad i got this one, good work. It just goes to show, you don't have to have a 100gb game for it to be good, in fact i have some 100gb games and this one is 100x better at a fraction of the size."
- Mancubus, Steam Reviews
- "Serious Sam is temporarily shifting perspectives as it takes a trip into series antagonist Mental's twisted mind."
- Fraser Brown, PC Gamer
Shooting feels fantastic, the music is amazing and the writing made me laugh several times.
The simple aesthetic makes it easy to follow the action and it's adorable.
I would put this game above Enter The Gungeon and at the level of Nuclear Throne.
- Pepsiman, Steam Reviews
Get It On Steam
Have fun ! store.steampowered.com.
Serious Sam: Tormental Credits
Game Director, Game Designer, Game Developer, Programmer
Ivan Gabriel Juričić
Programmer, UI Designer, VFX
Artist, Game Designer, UI Designer, VFX
Ana Marija Lončar
Music, Sound Effects
Egypt and Forest Tracks
Jonas and Verena Kyratzes
Attila Solais Kiss, Ethan Grim First
John Dick, Goran Tomašić, Damjan Mravunac, Kathryn Vinclaire, Jack Dundon, Steve Schleicher
Strikeunleashed, Vanya, Svyatoslav Rutskoy, Law_4x, Creamtor, Ar2R-devil-PiNKy
Crixus044, Grim, Thultex, Nathan Els, Zairo, LordGek, Atlascian Sarnosian, Serafettin, SPanners, Mrwubbs, Caedem, Stormax, Lonacc, Solais, MBKiller, 2B, Noamouth, pkkshadow, Strikeunleashed, Elzar, HydroToxic, Vanya, Hinth, Svyatoslav Rutskoy, Creamtor, Goldfreak, Muffinatorz, Samik37